Various ProLife organizations are active in the diocese. Among them are the following.
Kelowna Right to Life is a non-profit charitable organization working to educate the public about the realities and consequences of abortion and euthanasia. Upholding strong moral values and the promotion of traditional family structures are fundamental elements of this work.
Kelowna Right to Life believes that the civilization of a society is measured by the care and protection given to its weakest members. We reject the anti-life philosophy that offers death as a solution to human suffering, especially when the label "choice" is used for the killing of pre-natal infants, so-called "useless" members of society, and the infirm and aged.
For information about a free workshop: ProLife 101 – to understand and defend the pro-life view; for all ages, please contact the ProLife Office - 241-1889 Springfield Rd, Kelowna, BC 250-862-8202 or emailCranbrook Respect for Life Society can be contacted at Box 376, Cranbrook, BC V1C 4H9, 250-426-7818
Kootenay Area: (Kimberley, Cranbrook, Nelson, Creston, Castlegar, Trail, Rossland, Elk Valley, Fernie & Sparwood): Candace Barnes, Creston, 250-428-0775 Email
Okanagan Area (Kelowna, Oliver, Osoyoos, Penticton & Vernon):
Kelowna Right to Life: Marlon Bartram, Ex. Dir., 250-241-1889
Springfield Road, Kelowna, BC V1Y 5V5 250-862-8202
Crisis Pregnancy and Adoption Centres
- Birthright – Trail, 806 Wordsworth Ave. ,Trail, BC V1R 2E9. 24 hr Hotline: 1-800-550-4900 Website: www.birthright.org Email
- Okanagan Valley Pregnancy Care Centre 201-2622 Pandosy St. , Kelowna, BC V1YV16 250-763-2112(Phone) 250-763-1001 (Fax) Email www.ovpcc.com Hours of operation: M-F 10:00-4:00(for clients) Office 9:00-5:00
- Nelson Crisis Pregnancy Centre 3 - 577 Baker St., Nelson, BC V1L4J1 250-354-1199 Email Hours of operation: Mon/Fri 2:00-5:00
- CAPSS - Okanagan Valley 201-2622 Pandosy St., Kelowna, BC V1Y 1V6 250-763-2112 Fax: (250) 763-1001
- Canada Adopts
- The Pro-Life Society of British Columbia
- British Columbia Parents and Teachers for Life
- Campaign Life Coalition of British Columbia
- Euthanasia Prevention Coalition of BC
( Ezechial 18: 3)
The human being is to be respected and treated as a person from the moment of conception; and therefore from that same moment his or her rights as a person must be recognized, among which in the first place is the inviolable right of every innocent human being to life.
(Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith)