Catholic Women’s League
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada, British Columbia & Yukon Provincial Council , which has nearly 10,000 members from the Dioceses of Kamloops, Nelson, Prince George, Victoria and Whitehorse, and the Archdiocese of Vancouver, celebrated the Provincial Council’s 60th Anniversary in 2007.
The League is officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) as a lay association of women and is affiliated with the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations (WUCWO), a world-wide federation holding membership in the conference of International Catholic Organizations (ICO) and having consultative status with agencies of the United Nations.
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is an organization that contributes to the life and vitality of the church, family and community, both at home and abroad. The objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada:
- to achieve individual and collective spiritual development;
- to promote the teachings of the Catholic Church;
- to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life;
- to protect the sanctity of human life;
- to enhance the role of women in church and society;
- to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere;
- to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world;
- to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
- Diocesan President: Deb Cloutier email: Phone: 604-857-3227
- Diocesan Spiritual Director: TBA
- Catholic Women’s League of Canada
- Catholic Women's League - BC & Yukon
Photo credit: Dale Webster
“The Catholic Women's League of Canada recognizes the human dignity of all persons wherever they are and seeks to enhance the role of women in the Church and in society.”
(Evangelizers of Hope in the Modern World: Statement of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops)