Unfortunately, diocesan bursaries have had to be discontinued. Please contact your pastor.
OTHER POSSIBLE BURSARY SOURCES
CWL – Parish and Diocese
There are two annual $500 Bursaries available from the Nelson Diocesan Catholic Women's League. One bursary gives precedence to applicants entering General Courses, and the other is for applicant's entering the Medical Sciences field. The applicant's mother or grandmother must be a member in good standing of the CWL Council in the Diocese of Nelson for two years, including the current year. Applicant must be a Catholic student whose parents/ grandparents reside in Nelson Diocese. Contact a member of the CWL in your parish for further information.
Knights of Columbus
Similarly, parish or diocesan KC organizations may offer bursaries. Contact local members of the KC.
St. Vincent de Paul Society
Some parish conferences of the St. Vincent de Paul Society may offer bursaries. An example is that of St. Theresa Parish, Kelowna which offers $500 for a university student who is from a family who has a member in the Society. Check with your local parish SVdePaul conference.
Online Resources- Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries:
- Scholarships in Canada: http://www.scholarshipscanada.com/
- www.tuck.com/sleep-scholarships - This portal and contains the best scholarships available to the largest number of students that are sleep specific, related to fields in public health and that are specific to underrepresented groups (minorities, women and LGBTQ to name a few). We’ve also put together a listing of the most useful financial aid resources available on the web for students or our resource should be a one stop shop for students looking for financial aid information. It is US based but there are some for eligible Canadian students.
- GoodCall Scholarship Search Engine: http://www.goodcall.com/scholarships/
- Lists of granting organizations and educational institutions http://britannia.vsb.bc.ca/career_centre/Scholarships%20Awards%20Bursaries.pdf
- For students of Polish descent http://www.reymontfoundation.com/scholarships.htm
- For students of Irish descent http://theirelandfunds.org/canada
- Canadian Merit Scholarship Foundation: http://www.cmsf.ca
- TD Scholarships for Community Leadership: http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products-services/banking/student-life/index.jsp